Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Turning the Phone Off??


Ok, I love to chit chat about Kadyn. Of course he is my favorite subject to talk about, but when he is sick why is it that I just "don't want to talk about it."


I noticed the last couple times Kadyn was in the hospital, I just didn't feel like talking, or calling anyone. I just want to be left alone. I don't know. I just get so depressed when Kadyn is in the hospital that I would rather try to sleep it off then keep anyone informed of whats going on.


Does anyone else get that way???

2 comments:

carrieedgecomb said...

i get that way as well. I know people mean well,but I am the one who stays with her 24-7 so it takes alot out of me and talk about it when I am ready to or I just go online it easier.

Anonymous said...

A variety of physical, behavioral and emotional symptoms are normal reactions to stress - including the need to withdraw a little, even from those whom you would normally seek comfort and reassurance. This includes increase in sleeping. Those who know what you are going through will most likely understand your needs; don't add to your burden thinking you "shouldn't" be feeling or acting that way. Allow your emotions and your alone time. (although actually, you are not alone - all your loved ones are there with you... just not in your face [so to speak]).
I think you hold up extraordinarily well. How did Kadyn like the actual cutting of his hair - - was he very still??