Sunday, July 27, 2008

i love my lil monster



Kadyn seems to amaze me everyday with doing something new or doing something over and over again. He seems to love rolling overnow and just traveling though the house by rolling. He reminds me of a steam rroller. HE is an amazeing baby!

Today Kadyn amazed me again., He never really stared at anything, he would look for a lil bit but he had never focused on anything. He would just look then forget about it. Today he was playing with his bear thing that lights up and plays music and it has a couple hanging things for him to play with, well he stared at the lights and smiled and grabbed at the toys without missing them and got them. its like he was a blind child and now he isnt. The truth is he could always see but his vision was that of a newborns. Basically they have it but they dont know what to do with it. More n More everyday this lil guy improves. I think he likes this shunt. I hope so. So far his siezers are back under control. I think his body had to get use to getting less meds then he is used to. So im happy, seizer free all day today! YAY. I have to call tomorrow and set up his EEG again. I hate doing that to him becuase they strap him down and he wines and crys. Im going to try adn get in early early so he will sleep through it. They are talking about doing a sleep study today.


I Have been searching different states for childrens hospitals...incase i want to move someday, i really dont, im scared to move out of michigan. This is my comfort zone with Kadyn but if harvey gets his border patrol job then we may have to move, which sucks. I guess i woldnt have to move but if he goes Kadyn needs his father, and i have nothing really here. I dont know im just so worried but i guess ill worry when that time comes, if it ever comes. :-).


So i finally found my missing glasses so now i can see better LOL
As kadyn gets older he is starting to look more and more like his daddy. it amazes me. I have two pictures up there one of just kadyn and one of kadyn and his daddy. (harvey) and u can really see the resembalence now. I was looking at them today and just was like omg kadyn uhave ur daddys cheeks, lips, and his eye shapes, wow...i never noticed who exactly kadyn looked like for the longest time but now that his head is forming better and is much smaller you can start to tell who he is looking like more. Though he got my skin color, eye color and the hair color i was born with and the curly hair i was born with lol. HE looks like his daddy but lighter skined :-).
Babies grow so damn fast, it amazes me how eveyrone says omg look how big he is getting, but the fact is ...i feel like he has always been that big. Idk, He is still small for his age, he is in 9 month clothing, and those are still a lil big on him, but i have to remeber when he wasborn his body was soooo tiny, he was smaller than a preemie, those clothes were too big. He has gotten a lot bigger. I kinda miss him being smaller but than again im glad i am past that.
a year later here he is, Kadyn David Sterling, the baby that wasnt suppose to take his first breath, the baby who wouldnt make it home ever, the baby who wouldnt make it past his first infection, the lil guy who wasnt suppose to see six months, the lil man who promised would never see his first birthday. he came he saw and he conquered and he is still living life and enjoying it. He is happy to be alive, he thinks life is funny. He laughes at the wind blowing in his hair, he smiles when he goes in his car seat, and he talks to whole trip. he playes rolls grabs eats and soils his diapers. He says mama, and dada, sometimes baba. He is an amazing lil guy with a heart of gold to live.
I dont think ive ever been so in love with life....he completes my life and me. He makes me want to be a beter person and keeps me on my toes, he helps me remain strong and calm in alarming situations and he has taught me how precious life really is. You never know what may happen and you never know when something may happen so enjoy every breath he takes nad every smile i get :-)
Thats what i do, thats my job is to enjoy kadyns life...and mine. Im happy and he is a happy camper.

10 comments:

Tara said...

If Harvey is able to get the border patrol job and it moves you this way their are 2 Neurosurgeons at Children's Hospital San Diego rchsd.org Michael Levy is Michelle's. Hal Meltzer has done 1 of Michelle's surgeries. Personally I love dr. Levy not so much on Dr Meltzer. I recommend Rady Children's to EVERYONE! They have an awesome Neurology clinic and the hospital staff is amazing as well. So understanding and willing to help! Thats so great that he is getting his strength up. Let me tell you it took Michelle almost a full year to start grabbing at toys and enjoying them. It's the hydro plain and simple. Having epilepsy on top of it doesn't help either. With moving out of your comfort zone with Kadyn will be EXTREMELY hard once you get in a feel good zone you don't really notice it. And you are right Kadyn does need his father. It is soo important to have Harvey around. Not just because Kadyn is special but because every child needs a father and a mother! I hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Hello my name is Norma I'm from Mexico it seems amazing to me your story, a saw the video of your baby in youtube I'm also a mom i have 22 years old
I hope every thing will be better soon and your son gets better.
keep on fighting

Anonymous said...

MY NAME IS NANCY AND I SAW YOUR VIDEO IN YOU TUBE, THE 3 ARE VERY BRAVE, IS AMAZING HOW IMPROVED YOUR CHILD, AND KNOW THAT U ARE STILL FIGTHING, BUT LET ME TELL YOU, KADY IS "LUCKY", TO BE BORN IN USA, IAM FROM MEXICO, AND MY NEPHEW DIED BECAUSE OF THE LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF RARE CONGENITAL CONDITIONS (WERDING-HOFFMAN), KEEP FIGTHING, I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR BABY.

Anonymous said...

I THINK YOUR WHOLE FAMILY IS AMAZING AND SHOW AMZING STRENGTH AND WITH GODS LOVE I BELIEVE ALL OF YOU WILL SOMEDAY SOON HAVE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE. EVERYONES LIFE HAS RAINY DAYS BUT IT CANT RAIN FOREVER YOUR SUN WILL SHINE SOON. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND I HOPE AND PRAY FOR YOUR FAMILY TO FIND THE PEACE YOU ALL MUCH DESERVE. GOD BLESS.

Corinne said...

hello, my name is Corinne, i'm from France and my son was born in september 2009 with hydrocephalus, he's very well now and when i saw your vidéo, i pried for you, it's very difficult to leave this problem. I love my little Max and i know that you love Kadyn more everything ( sorry... i don't speack a good english...)

Nellie said...

I'm Nellie from Kenya and I just happen to stumble on Kadyn's video today and decided to read more from your blog. I am in tears, both of sadness and of joy. Sadness because it takes me back to what I went through with my little, beautiful, special daughter Wanja, also born with Hydrocephalus almost 4 years ago. Happiness because I understand the kind of joy and love you feel for Kadyn, and it's wonderful to see how things have turned out. God has a plan for our special babies, even if it is simply to add such joy into our lives. Wanja is doing well, progress is slow, but there definitely is always progress. I trust God will help her sit, crawl and walk one day. And she is such a beauty!!! Hang in there....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amelie R. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nikelaskullberg@hotmail.com said...

I saw your youtube clip and I just want to wish you luck. How is he doing? He looks so healthy now compared to 7 & 8 2007.