Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy 17 months Kadyn

Kadyn has his mommy worried. My son never throws up, he never even spit up as a younger baby. He spit up last night. I am not sure if it is because he ate too much or if he is getting the flu or what. He seems to be doing better. He isn't fussy, no tempurature, not sleeping a lot, just he is acting weird. Or maybe it's me because I am worried. I am always worried about my little guy. I can't not worry when I know one day surgery will be in his future. It's a matter of time I think. I guess because his last shunt only lasted 5 months and that was after 1 revision from infection. It's been 6 months and this is after 4 revsions for all sorts of things, blockages, skin infection, and shunt infection. I am worried that his shunt is going to fail soon. I am hoping not.

Kadyn gets his 15 month shots on Christmas Eve. He is behind on his shots due to his hospital stays. So, with flu season coming they are going to give him the flu shot, and whatever his 15 month shots are. I kinda want to reschedual it because its Christmas Eve, but Kadyns health is more important to me.

Well I am going to go get my little ham outta his bed and give him his medication. This outta be fun.


Have a good day!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we knew just regular worries with our kiddos? I hope it's nothing serious.

Anonymous said...

Not to make light of your concerns and worries, but after having gone through mommyhood once 19 years ago, and now again with my infant, I just have to shake my head and chuckle a little because it is such a package deal to be a mom and worry about EVERY little thing - - I do it ALL the time and have been lucky enough to have had 2 babies that haven’t had anywhere near little Kadyn’s troubles!!! You’ve had some very scary events to get through w/ your baby … it’s perfectly normal for you to worry ~ ~ you have an inner strength that will always carry you through the tough times of motherhood- - looks like Kadyn’s inherited it as well! He looks so healthy and happy in the pictures you post.