Monday, January 12, 2009

Finally....some peace

Well, As everyone knows, Kadyn has been having shunt and siezure issues for sometime now. The bad thing now, is they don't know why Kadyn had a siezure and they do not know why he threw up. They tapped his shunt for infection, so we will see if that is the case. Kadyn is resting soundly now. Sleeping. We have our own room and I like that.

Here is the run down on what went on.

I woke up this morning and gave Kadyn his medication. I layed back down for a few more minutes because I had a headache. Well, I got up and I don't know I just felt like I needed to go check on Kadyn. I walked in and he was siezeing. So I get him out and I give him his Diastat, and surprisingly he stopped. Or so I thought. Well, I gave him a little bit to come back around, or move or do something. He wasn't moving. He looked lifeless. So I gave it a little bit, thinking maybe he needs a little more time. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and I called 911.

He was like a "wet noodle". We came into Childrens and they did the x-rays and CT scan and tapped his shunt. They are thinking shunt infection, but are not sure. So we are waiting on the results. They said if that comes back normal then they will send him home tomorrow. So we will see. I am so tired of this. What a way to start a new year. :-(

Well, I wish everyone a good night

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart just goes out to you and if I could somehow share even a bit of my own health with Kadyn I would surely be giving it over glady.... we know you are both fighters with a tremendous well of inner strength; this episode too shall pass and soon you'll all be smiling and enjoying his new custom gear (hope u show pix of it all)
be well you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry that you little man is not doing well. My best wishes for a clean and healthy bill of health are headed your way!

Kristen said...

You are certainly entitled to your tired feelings. I cannot even begin to imagine how frustrated you must feel.

I am praying for the best!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Alida and I say your posts on yahoo. My son Jobe has cong hydro due to aquaductal stenosis too. He will turn 2 on the 29th. I read a couple of your most recent blogs and realize that our sons seem to be on the same page with most things. I would love to chat more with you. His webpage is www.caringbridge.org/visit/jobeyjobe
My email address is alidad@eatel.net

My prayers are with Kadyn tonight. I pray you get some answers and he regains his health. Good Night!
Love,
Alida and Jobe