Monday, March 9, 2009

Whew!

Surgery went great. Kadyn is home, he is playing and happy. Can't even tell he even had surgery. 


He has two sets of dissolvable stitches. One on his neck and the other on his chest.It doesn't seem to bother him at all

.
That is his port. Yup can't really see it. You still have to go through skin, but its one poke not 20. Thank goodness. I only took him an hour to wake up then we were sent him 10 min later. 

I have him in his bed resting. Think he may be in bed the rest of the day just because I don't want to over stimulate him in anyway. He will possibly nap. I hope lol.


Happy First Birthday Cayman!!! I am so proud to know her. She is truly a little miracle. 1st birthday is the best milestone!!! (Kadyn is clapping for you!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a trooper - and so are you.

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Yay! I'm happy to hear you two are home and he's doing so well!

Glad the surgery went great! He's such a tough little guy!

LJR said...

Looks great! I have seen some icky ports before and heard horrible things. But his looks perfect. I am so glad that he won't have to get poked over and over now. We have that issue too, but thankfully don't need access very often.

What a brave boy. Good job Kadyn and good job brave Mommy