Saturday, April 11, 2009

I thought parenting was 50/50 not 90/10 hmm am I wrong?

So I have always had issues with Kadyn's dad helping out with the care of Kadyn. I understand he works midnights and goes to school, but wouldn't you think on his days off he would want to spend time with his child. Today I just got fed up. I wanted him to see what it was like to care for a special needs child all day and all night. Well I gave Kadyn to Harvey, without saying a word and I just walked out. I took my dog for a walk, I went out to eat, I went shopping and even caught up with an old friend. My luck Kadyn sleeps all day, so now I look like I have it easy!! So now I am going to take off for the night. Because I want to show Harvey how frustrating it can be when you want to sleep but can't because your child is up all night. Now am I wrong for this? I kinda feel like a bad parent but I want Harvey to know that raising ANY child isn't easy. I want him to know that it is exhausting work and it is a full time job in it's own. It felt great to have a mommy day. I needed it. Now I am going to go out and just have fun with a bunch of my friends. I told Harvey that I am staying the night at my moms and I will be back to get them for easter at his uncles in the morning. He protested and I don't care. I am going, he needs to know. Maybe I will get a lil more respect from him. It's hard, so hard. 



Kadyn is doing really good though, He is acting a little weird though. He wakes up int he middle of the night screams then give him his bottle and he goes back to sleep, and he slept all day, I am hoping he is just going through a growth spirt. Oh I can only hope. 

Well i am going to leave now

<3

4 comments:

my world said...

Hi, I hope you had a great time with your friends! And I think that you did the right thing and left the boy with his father! Have a nice day

Anonymous said...

I hear your frustration ~ we go thru the same thing here.... F.E. I can't get a shower to shamp. my hair and shave my legs for 5 days but Dad acts like I'm so selfish for taking a 30 minute shower on the 6th day... and of course the baby is totally great during THAT time that DD has him ... oh well.... you are a wonderful mother. K. is beautfiul!!

BlueEyedMama said...

I agree with you hun. I do 100% of the parenting all the time.

Dorcas92 said...

Hi! I saw all your video on Youtube several months ago and I started to love your little guy and pray for him.
I didn't know you have a blog until yesterday,and I'm very happy to see that Kadyn is well!
About this post... What can I say? I think I'm a too much young girl to know well what parenting is (I'm 16 years old) but I'm agree with you,by me,parenting would be 50/50.
Try to not fight with your husband and talk about this problem,I'm sure he love you and your baby and that he will understand! Good luck for that and for your baby!
A friend from Italy (in fact I'm italian and I hope you can forgive me for my very bad english!)

Francesca