Monday, December 28, 2009

Got my hopes up, then they were stomped into the ground

Yesterday Kadyn was doing soo good, he was eating, drinking, no fever then 5pm came around. Fever spiked, very high, dangerously high to 104.5. He had 4 more seizures and then called it a night to sleep. I tried to sleep, but couldn't. It is very hard to sleep when my little man kept waking up to have a seizure. They are doing more labs today, as they did stat labs yesterday and gave him motrin, which seemed to help suppress the fever. I am currently awaiting for the doctors to come do thier morning rounds. The resident just came to speak to me, and she wants more labs done on Kadyn, but icky stool labs. BLAH! 


Kadyn is just not himself, he is not eating very good, he is not talking, or anything, so I know he is sick with something, is just a matter of finding out what is making him so sick. I want to know why he spiked such a high fever yesterday too when he didn't have one all day and he has been on antibiotics. I am just glad that Kadyn is surrounded by amazing nurses. 


Now I wait for them to take his temp before I go get breakfast. 

Kadyns gifts are still under the tree.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Aw, poor Kadyn. Poor mommy.

Cayman's not herself this morning too. She's running a fever again. It's not dangerously high but enough that I'm giving her Tylenol and she's sleeping a lot!! I will be keeping a close eye on her.

I hope Kadyn feels better soon so he can go home and play with all those new toys!!

Audrey Sue's Mommy said...

Oh NO! I hope they figure out what the infection is. I will be praying for him and you to be able to get home soon so he can open those presents!