Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ohhh :)

Kadyn's daddy is going to the air port at 5am. He will be gone until Friday.

This Saturday is very exciting for Kadyn and I. Kadyn will have Christmas brought to him by a wonderful family! I am so excited that he was able to have this wonderful opportunity. You don't meet a lot of amazing people now days, but when I do I cherish them. Jennifer knows exactly what Kadyn is going through, as she also has Hydrocephalus. She does so much good for everyone! She truly is a strong women! I am very proud to call her my friend!

The past few days Kadyn was sleeping a lot. Now he is better. Still sleeping a little more than normal, but he is beginning to wake up more. I think it's this weather on top of him fighting off a cold. I believe he will be a lot better in the next couple days. I am hoping by Saturday. He is more playful and happy today. Such an amazing little boy. Although he does laugh when he coughs. I don't think him coughing his funny but he think it is just the funniest thing in the world.

He is really starting to like his chair a lot more. He will sit in it for hours at a time without wanting out or it to lean back all the way. He has learned to play nice in it and not thrash around trying to get out of it. I am so worried that I am going to turn my back for two seconds and he will tip over. So to avoid that I put his chair all the way down to the floor. See when we got his chair it came with the stroller part and also another piece that it can go on and it goes up and down like a scissor type thing, it's for feeding or play. I haven't used the stroller part but really one time and it is a lot of work to get in and out of the car. It folds like a regular stroller but you have to take the chair part out, which makes it rough, but it's what Kadyn needs, and I am going to do what I can to make him comfy and better, and since he isn't in therapy right now until I see his pediatrician for a a referral to see the PTS at the hospital. I feel so bad because Kadyn missed soo much therapy but there wasn't anything I could do to control his seizures, and now that they have calmed down a lot, maybe, just maybe we can start therapy again. So here is hoping after christmas I can get him in and get a referral.

Christmas is approaching quicker and quicker. Although it is comeing if I like it or not I am totally not ready for it. I still have a few more gifts to get and no energy to go out and get them. I just don't want to fight the crowds. I dislike the crowds and how rude people can be. Oh well I will go when Kadyn's daddy gets back. I also would like to go see the Christmas lights. I Love driving around looking at everyones decor. Makes me dream about when I get my own home and see the lights.

Jan 6th is the last day we will see Kadyn's daddy for 5 weeks, then we will see him for 2 weeks and then he is gone for 15 months. Although I know I will have to face this, I am not ready to now. I am usually one to just accept things and do what I have to do deal with it. I know I have no choice. I found out that Harvey actually volunteered to go for Kadyn. I wondered how that would benefit Kadyn any, and then I thought, the money situation. He will be able to support Kadyn even better financially over there then here. I am buying Harvey a digital camera for Christmas. I dug into my savings to do this for him. I have no regrets, because it;s the least I could do for him since he is going to be fighting for our country! I am very proud of him. Very proud! Kadyn is proud too! Kadyn loves his daddy! I can't wait to see the looks on thier faces when they meet again! I have a goal....survive 15 months without Kadyn's daddy. I believe I can do this. I KNOW I can do this!

Bring it on !!!!!!!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Awww, this brought tears to my eyes. I feel so touched by the strength, determination, and selflessness you have while being faced with a difficult deployment up ahead. I don't know what that feels like, and I would imagine it feels like the world is falling apart. But I have been told from those in that same kind of situation, the initial good-bye is hardest part and then for about an hour afterwards. Then you just go on with your day and keep busy, and while you still miss them, it hurts less and it's easier to get through each day.

You have all my love and prayers!