Friday, January 8, 2010

Visiting Nurse

So, It wasn't really as bad as I thought it would be, and maybe this, this could be a good thing.
The nurse came in and sanitized everything in front of me. She listened to his heart, she listening to his lungs and bowel sounds. She measured his head and decided not to weigh him as her scale wasn't working. She wrote down all his medications and she just gave me advice. It was nice. Maybe this nurse coming in will help. She can help with my questions about Kadyn's medical needs. She also suggested that Kadyn see a Physical Medicine Doctor. I think that is a good idea too. When I go in for Kadyn's check up I will mention that to his pediatrician and get a referral.

She is going to come 1-2 times a week to check on him, but this is going to be after he is admitted for his Ketogentic diet. That way they can watch him and his vitals closely and make sure his body is handling the diet well. As the diet just consists of mostly Fats and Proteins his little body could go into malnutrition, it's a small possibility but if it helps controls his seizures and helps him advance, I am willing to take the chance.

I am calling to make the appointment after Kadyn's daddy is deployed. Although I don't want to go through the hospitalization alone, at least this isn't because he is sick.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hospitalization alone SUCKS! Trust me. I am praying for you guys!

Kristen said...

I wish you and Harvey could carry on Kaydn's care side by side too. It can be overwhelming thinking of doing it alone.

I'll be thinking and praying for you. I have so much confidence that you will handle it with flying colors. You're such a special person.