Saturday, July 17, 2010

Back in the hospital.

Wow, what a night we had last nigt. Well Kadyn the past 3 days has got more miserable,sleepy and has lost his appitite. So I decided to bring him to the hosital, mainly because I was worried about him becoming dehydrated. Well they decided to do some scans of Kadyns head and do xrays to make sure his shunt was ok. Well, last night in the ER we got bad news that Kadyn's ventricles seem to be bigger. Well, I signed consent for surgery to happen today. Well, this morning one of the Neurosurgery RNs come in and she taps Kadyn's shunt and proceeded to tell me that there isn't much change in his ventricles. So I asked her, then why did another RN specificly say that his ventricles look bigger from May's scan. If there is any change in ventricle size it should be smaller if the shunt it working. Well, the tap showed that his shunt looked to be working...well it always does. I am not liking that his ventricles are looking bigger. So, now they are going to wait and see. Mind you last night hee cried and thrashed around his bed until he got morphine. He has been sleeping all morning. I just keep hoping things are going to be ok.

1 comments:

Kristen said...

It's hard when the answers are not so clear.

Thinking of you.