Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Ahhhh home sweet home

Sunday was such a hectic day. Kadyn ended up not needing surgery thank goodness, but early in the morning I had to take my kitten to the vet to get spayed. So around 6:30am I woke up (after going to bed at 3:30am) got dressed and headed home to pick up my kitten. It takes me about 20 minutes to get home. Which I have to head south on the freeway. I then have to gt Cougar (find her) and put her in her cage and set out going east on one freeway and north on another then getting off the freeway and heading towards the Vet. I drop her off and then head back to the hospital. Which since the freeway I am now going south on doesn't hit the freeway to the hospital, I have to get off at another road and take that down about 15-20 miles to get the the freeway to the hospital and head back to the hospital. I go there and Kadyn has new clothing on and a dressing around his chest. I guess when I was gone he had pulled his port needle out (iv access in his chest) and they redid it and wrapped him so he would leave it alone. Well, I then fell asleep on the most comfortable cot in the world (really sarcastic about that one haha) I wake up to the Neurosurgeon RN and she informs me that Kadyn's surgeon (Dr. Ham) look over Kadyn's scans and sees no change. Now this is after I went through two different RN's telling me two different things. The one the first night said his ventricles looked bigger from his scans in May, and the next morning another RN said that she doesn't see much change. She also tapped his shunt and it appeared to be working. Ok. I am okay with that, but I want to know why the first RN (who was very much new) said he saw an increase and this other said their wasn't much change. I believe Kadyn's neurosurgeon as he is a very good one. I know if he saw an issue with Kadyn's scan he would be right in there to fix it. I just don't know why I had to go through the stress of thinking Kadyn was going to have surgery again and it be all for nothing, although I am thankful he didn't need it. So,I have come to the conclusion along with Kadyn's neurosurgeon that I will not sign for consent until we are down in the OR or Dr.Ham says that Kadyn NEEDS surgery. Also I will not trust an RN unless it's one who truly knows Kadyn's case.

So...on another note. I am really missing Harvey right now. I just got off the phone with Harvey's grandma and she told me that she is very proud of the way I have grown up. I have really changed who I am for the better when it comes to being Kadyn's mom. She said that at first she was not to sure of me, but now she loves me and accepts me. This means the world to me. She said that she hopes Harvey and I can make things work because I am really good for him. I bawled. I lost it! I am so happy that she likes me! I always thought she disliked me, but she is proud of me! :) This made my day. I cried.....a lot.

I love getting letters from Harvey and phone calls. I really look forward to the days I know I am getting my texts/phone calls from Harvey. He doesn't call too much as phone calls are dropped alot but he will get on a Messanger and text my phone. I love it! Letters though are the best. To know that he sat down and wrote to me and was thinking about me makes me smile. He will be home for 2 weeks Sept.22nd and I am sooo sooo happy! :)

Life is good! I love it! I have the most amazing son and fiance'. :)


ANewKindOfPerfect said...

How frustrating to be told one thing and then the very opposite! I hope that they figure out what's going on quickly, so that you guys can get on the road to home.