Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kadyn is feeling better already!

Kadyn's on Augmentin for his Pneumonia and his Sinusitis. He seems to be getting better, but his fever returned today, I called his pediatrician and she said that his body is most likely fighting the infection also and I shouldn't be concerned unless his fever lasts more than 2-3 days. She set him an appointment for next week Friday. He also sees the neurologist on Monday for a check up. Although he isn't having any seizures that are not related to fever or illness he still needs and will most likely always need check ups with Neurology. Which is fine. I will be glad to wean Kadyn off this diet he is on.
Kadyn is in a super good mood today, although he is just in a diaper (bit of a fever trying not to let it get any higher)
He is full of smiles though. I love his smiles, he is just too darn happy and I love it! I love how when he isn't feeling good he can still smile through it all.
Lil miss Alexa playing while I was cooking Taco Soup. :) So yummy! I'll put the recipe at the end!


Kadyn had to have his port accessed two times while admitted. Of course the second time had to be the night before we were discharged. Someone the needle part came out of the port and this made his skin puffy, and bruised his port site, but I believe this piece of equipment is amazing. I mean when Kadyn used to have long seizures this was the easiest to access right away. They have a numbing cream that they put on it also, Kadyn normally never needs it, he usually just dislikes being held down, but the second time they had to poke it, I asked for it, as I know it has to be painful to poke the same place.


So the recipe for Taco Soup.

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can corn (drained)
2 cans Kidney beans (drained)
2 cups of water
1 chopped onion (I used red onions but you could use yellow)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet ranch seasoning
1lbs ground beef (browned)

Add ingredients to the slow cooker, I usually cook on low for 2 hours then high for an hour, or I cook on low for 4 hours. You can also add more or take away, thats just what I use

YOu serve it with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream :D

It's yummy. Add tums if you get heart burn easily haha!

2 comments:

Manon said...

Bonjour je suis francaise et je suis tombé par hasard sur votre histoire qui m'as beaucoup touché ! Votre fils est si courageux si adorable ! Cela force le respect !

Cheryl McDaniel said...

Hi Sara,
My name is Cheryl and i to have a lil boy whos about to be 2yrs old come july! I just randomly came across a few videos about Kadyn and the story really touched me. I have a lot of friends who r moms, new moms & soon to be moms so i posted a link to your blog on my facebook and told them where to go on youtube to view some of the videos. you really are a very strong mother & im praying for u and your family. I have one question though, you had mentioned that he has to brush quite often and i was curious why that it. Is it due to the diet the doctors have him on? It truely is a miracle that he is where he is today and that is all bc of u darlin! u truely are a wonderful, loving and dedicated mother :) i strive to be that for my 2 yr old and my 5 yr old step son. u really r an inspiration girl!