Thursday, December 11, 2014

VNS surgery.

The date is set. Kadyn will be receiving his VNS on Jan 7th. I took that whole week  off work so I can focus on Kadyn and getting things together for surgery day. Surgery will take 1/2 hour to an hour pending on prep and what not. So we plan on being in the hospital for at least 4-5 hours then coming home. Kadyn's seizures are really tiring him out. He has been so sleepy lately. He naps at school then will come home and nap. It's like his body is just so tired. I am really hoping that this VNS will find some relief for Kadyn. His epilepsy has not been this big of an issue since he was a baby. Now my baby is 7 years old and is having a grand mal seizure once a week. This is not normal for him at all. His shunts checked out just fine, and we do not suspect shunt failure at all. Just his epilepsy getting worse. I believe he has been on the diet for so long now that it's not working as well as it used to. It's sad but the hopes are that the VNS will help that we can sort of change his diet a bit from Ketogenic to a modified atkins diet, this way he can have more food options available to him.
Other than his seizures Kadyn is doing very well. He is happy and playful in between sleeping. Always smiling and very vocal.

The VNS process is going to be a slow one. Once placed they will give him 2 weeks to heal up and make sure everything is ok. Then they will turn the VNS on in office. Then once a week for about 6 weeks they will turn it up until it reaches the proper setting. He will also have a magnetic wand with him at all times. This wand will send more electric impulses when Kadyn does have a seizure. If that does not work we still have his rescue meds. We are hoping to not have to use them, and also not use the magnet either.

This has been quite a journey these past couple months, but I know things will get better. Kadyn normally has a bumpy road around this time of year and then he turns right back around and is much better. We just have to hang in there and do what is best for him. :)

1 comments:

tasha moore said...

I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....