Friday, December 26, 2008

Kadyn is doing better

Today Kadyn is doing a lot better, he is breathing on his own now, he has a brand new shunt, and he has no more fever, or at least he hasn't had one today at all. He is awake and eating now, and active. A little uncomfortable but they have him on codine for that. He is doing so much better. I think I will be able to sleep better tonight. He has a new shunt that has 2 cathiters in it because he was having build up fluid in the back of his head. He is doing really good now though. His heart rate is a little high 169-170 but they believe its from him being uncomfortable. He is eating as I am typing this. I am so proud of my little guy though. He went through surgery and like 5 minutes after he woke up he was off the ventilator, they didn't have to wean him off of it or anything. He was wayyyy to active to wean him so his doctor was like just take the tub out. He has been on room air all day now. How exciting. His head is a little swallen but he is doing awesome.
I am going to be spending the night here again.

But at least todays update is a good update. Hopefully once he is fever free for 24-48 hours he can go home. I am going to wash everything tomorrow while I am home and clean everything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

vimim glad to hear he is doing better. I will continue to pray for you all.

Carrie

Anonymous said...

im glad to hear he is doing better. I will continue to pray for you all.

Carrie

Diane said...

I am happy to hear that Kadyn is doing so well. He is a tough little guy and way to go on getting off the ventilator. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Diane, Tyler's mom

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! Can you tell us more about why he now has a new shunt? Was it just a LITTLE bit more than constipation? I'm thinking of you often.... Be well and hugs to baby Kadyn :-)

Cretemum said...

Hi,
Poor old you guys being in hospital at Xmas! Hope Kaydn is doing well now. Hope you don't mind but have been reading your blog as my son, now 2yrs 4 months has HC and a shunt. So far no failures but like you I am always watching for possible signs. But aren't our sons gorgeous!!!?
Best wishes
http://cretemum@blogspot.com