Monday, December 29, 2008

WE ARE HOME!!!







Yay!!! We are finally home!! Thank goodness. He goes in on the 6th to check one of his medication levels. I kinda got sassy with one of the doctors too. I was telling him that Kadyn was on 15mg of Lamictal 2times a day and he was arguing with me saying he was on 20mg. I finally was like listen, I'm his mother I think I would know how much medication my son was on. Sometimes I think it's because I look young that they think I can't do what I'm doing. Honestly I think I'm doing a pretty darn good job at this. I mean my son is thriving and he is healthy and this is the first time he got really super sick and even had the flu. PLus he has had only one ear infection. So, I think I am doing a pretty good job at taking care of the little guy. I love him :-).
So, they are doing to increase him Lamictal from 15 mg 2times a day until i reach 60mg twice a day. Which is 12 pills in the morning and 12 at night. Thats nuts!! It will take a little while but we will get there. I believe the idea is to get him off the Dilantit and just have him one the two medications.
Well, I am off to wander now, Kadyns in bed for the night.

2 comments:

James Bourne said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Sleep sweetly little Kadyn... your mommy did the right thing to get a little sassy... a good nurse always questions something that doesn't seem (or feel) quite right! Here comes a GR8 new year for Kadyn and family!!!!