Follow by Email

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ahhh

We are home. They decided the best thing for him was to be home. They don't know why he is just spiking fevers and then them just going away. They re did the CT scan and it looked better from yesterday today. The final reason that they think, maybe his shunt was blocked and he started getting a little bit of pressure which will cause fever too, and then some how it flushed itself out while they were pressing on his reservoir. They don't know. But he woke up today and was happy. He had a couple small seizures but they said if he has any more big ones to just bring him back (duh)


It's hard. It really is hard. I try and do all I can for him and we get these set backs and I feel like what I do just isn't enough. I'm becoming just a little frustrated. We keep missing therapies because he is in and out of the hospitals, and they tell me when he goes home, to limit his activity for a few days so it's hard to just keep him quiet and chill. I am going to put kadyn back on his vitamins and do everything possible to get him better. Enough is enough. I believe its time for a second opinion.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I think I'd be getting a 2nd opinion too!

Sweetest Girl in the World said...

2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions - they are all worth getting.

I know you're worried about his PT sessions... Does the school district you live in offer an Early Intervention program for Children? We are getting physical therapy and soon speech therapy from our school district. I'm not sure how other states handle Early Intervention, but they make in-home visits. Just a thought.

I'm happy to hear your home, but I know you want answers. I will pray that they come soon. Take care.

Josephine said...

It is tough, I'm sorry. You're doing a great job.