Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm at my breaking point.

I do not know, I just had to put Kadyn in bed tell him that i loved him and walk away from him screaming. He is fighting sleep. I thought okay maybe he is teething, orjel and tylenol... an hour later still screaming. Fed him a billion times... at the bottles.. threw them down when empty talked for maybe 4 minutes then cried. I have done everything for him. I checked his temp, it's fine,appetite is good, not sleepy at all, just irritable. He just keeps crying and has been for 3 hours now. He napped for like 10 minutes today, I am guessing over tired?


I am going to go check on him in ten minutes... maybe he will go to sleep. I've rocked him, held him, cradled him, sang to him his favorite song, twinkle twinkle, put music on for him, gave him bottles, tried driving in the car!!! Everything.. put him in bed with me, rubbed his back and chest, i feel so frustrated. I just had to put him in bed to take a breather. I hate listening to him cry I don't like knowing he is upset and not knowing why. It's frustrating as a mom to not know the answer to his frustration. I don't like getting so frustrated though. I feel horrible when I just start getting irritable too. Which is why I have just taught myself to just walk away. Put him in bed (its a safe place) and walk away and just breath. 

He is playing in bed now, i shall just leave him be. Thank you! Time for me to go to bed. Goodnight!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a parent, but I've read a lot of books and listened to all of my friends who have kids...I'm pretty sure most everyone says to do just EXACTLY what you did. A lot of doctors say to get into the shower (maybe when someone else is in the house just to keep an eye on him) but so you get a chance to relax and not hear the crying. That allows you some time to regroup your thoughts and not take your frustrations out on Kadyn. You're doing a great job Sara. I hope you have some friends/family that can help you out. Maybe you can get out for a short walk by yourself or something. Good luck.