Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Kadyn's first nose bleed


Kadyn had his first nose bleed the other day. I of course flipped out and immediatly called his neurosurgeon. He said that as long as we get the bleeding under control and that he isn't showing any real signs of shunt malfunction that he should be fine. He suggested that maybe Kadyn stuck his finger too far up his nose. Kadyn has never done that before but seeing as he is only 2 he is still discovering himself. So it took 5 huge paper towels to get the bleeding under control. I was so scared. He then went straight to sleep after. I watched him adn no more nose bleeding. He woke up in a great mood and was playing. So it was a non shunt related nose bleed. His dad busted out the camera...and deiced to record this wonderful event. Kadyn's first bose bleed. I am still unsure if that is somthing to celebrate...


Here is his video




I made a video of Kadyn today. I think it's a little bit better than his daddys video. I guess guys think the first nose bleed is an accomplishment. I thought it was scary and kinda made my tummy sick. Especially since i had to bath him.


he is sitting up in his high chair more and is a lot happier.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I have to say, I like your video better than Harvey's too. You have such a sweet mommy voice.

Sara said...

Kristen,

Thank you! You also have a sweet mommy vocie!

Anonymous said...

What a total ham-bone!!!! I love his loud fake scream and then the giggle he gives afterwords knowing that he's being a silly billy... so glad you share so much of him!