Sunday, September 13, 2009

Our Hospital trip

Today I took Kadyn all the way from Holland Ohio to Detroit Michigan's childrens Hospital. Kadyn had been running a fever for longer then I liked. He also developed a cough and runny nose. I figured it's that time of year, he has a cold. Well I am glad I took him because it turned out to be Pink Eye and a Middle ear infection. Although You could never tell Kadyn was as sick as he is because he was playing the whole time. Even through his breathing treatment they gave him to help with his weezing he laughed and played and thought it was funny. I don't have any pictures as I didn't take my camera. Kadyn is now in his bed playing like nothing happened. He didn't even flinch when he got an Iv. They are starting to think that Kadyn can not feel pain in certain areas. I guess his ears being one as he wasn't pulling on them or anything. I don't know. I just don't know

Tomorrow he starts ammoxacillan and eye drops. YAY. I look forward to the stupid eye drops I have to give him.

So now I have to warn everyone (including Kristen, Mike and lil Cayman) please keep an eye out for the Pink Eye. I guess he coulda had it awhile before symptoms showed. I apologize if anyone gets it too.

Time for me to go to bed.

Night night

5 comments:

Kristen said...

We're doing fine. No signs of pink eye here. We do all have head colds but that stuff is really making it rounds. We could have picked that up anywhere.

I hope you get out of the hospital soon.

Tawnya said...

I just wanted to tell you I just found your blog and you tube videos. My 8 month old was also born with hydrocephalus and I LOVE to hear all your updates about your beautiful little boy!! My sons head was 50 cm at 4 months and luckily or unluckily he is a HUGE baby, so his hydro is not that noticeable. But we can definitley tell when he is having a bad day and we are still struggling with MANY development issue. Anyways I am glad to see Kadyn is doing so great and I hope he feels beter soon :)
Tawnya
stayingsanieinahouseofboys.blogspot.com

mistichella said...

Hi from Italy! I've found your videos on youtube and was so much impressed from your Big Big Love! I think that your little tender son is one of the most loved people in the world. And that's what's important in life: to love and to feel loved. I believe your are a very talented mom, you've shown to me the courage and strengh love gives to a mother. You're great.
Many greatings from me
Elisabetta

Catie said...

My mom and I stumbled upon your video and then found your blog, we will be praying for Kadyn and all of you. With God all things are possible. Hope everything goes well.
God bless.
~Catie

P.S.
"I will restore health to you, and heal you of your wounds."
Jeremiah 30:17

Cathy said...

Keep Faith honey! My son was born with ASD, PDA, bicuspid valve and his heart is more to the left than normal. Through the power of prayer our Loving father put his hands on my son's heart and healed his ASD. We were waiting until he was older to repair it so he would be stonger. After many ultra sounds and 2 years my son got sick and they said he had a staph infection while in the hospital he had another ultra sound and then the 2 test came back neg. for staph so home we went just in time for trick or treat. Then in April we went in for our check up and another ultra sound. His peds card. was shocked!! His ASD was all healed up! Yes we still had the PDA repair but thank god we live by Iowa City Iowa and there was a Experiment with a coil wire up through the groin. this worked so no open heart!!! praise the our Lord!! Keep the faith and ask everyday for God to put his loving healing hands upon your son. It works my son is proof!! His card. is still dumbfounded today. I am not, I know who healed him! :0) Gods Blessings to you and Kadyn!! We wonder why but only he has the answers and we are so blessed that our son's are still here with us and giving us the most happy life a Mom can have!!