Saturday, January 16, 2010

Daddy's gone Day1

Today, it still hasn't sank in that Harvey is gone. Maybe because he will only be gone a few months and then be home a couple weeks then be gone for the 15 months.

Let me begin this by talking about Yesterdays support group meeting. There is only one word that can describe it. AMAZING! It was so great to get all parents, spouses and those affected by hydrocephalus all together in the same room. It was an amazing success. Once again Jenn just did an amazing job! She is an amazing person! Being able to receive and give advice and help and learn what others went through and are going through it just amazing. Although Kadyn and I were late and kinda just tip toed in during Jenn speaking, it was amazing. I drove 45 minutes there than drove 1hour and 15 minutes to my sisters in Ohio, this was all after I dropped Harvey off at the airport. I miss him, I really do, but I think I hurt more so for Kadyn. Kadyn loves his daddy. Thats all he says all day is dadadada. Kadyn actually started saying Dad the other night. This is only day 1, and it's only 2 in the afternoon. I am sure that I'll miss him more and more everyday but thats okay, I mean it's only a few months and he will be home, and then it's a little over a year, big whoop. One year out of a life time isn't much. So I am okay with this. I will be able to see him via webcam and talk to him via email or messenger. So everything will be okay.

Tomorrow we are going Ice skating. Kadyn isn't, he is going to sit in the stands with his Uncle Ed and watch.


OHHHH!


My sisters dog had her puppies. 10 of them! 10 baby newfies <3

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the group. I know how much you were looking forward to it and everything. I'm so glad you were able to go though.


One year out of a life time isn't much. So I am okay with this.

Sara Rae you know you don't have to be strong or act like everythings ok and doesn't bother you. I'm here babe, I know I can't help watch him b/c I'm not there anymore but I am here for you two and I love you two so much