Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kadyn needs your prayers!


Kadyn is currently in the ICU at Childrens Hospital. This morning at around 3am, he woke up struggling to breath and had really bad shakes that where like chills. So I got him ready to head to the Hospital to make sure he didn't have anything bad going on. Well on the way there he fell asleep, and I slowed down because I figure if he was sleeping he is ok. Well he woke up as soon as we hit Detroit and started Seizing so I sped up fast! We got to the hospital and I ran with him in my arms and they immediately took him to trauma. After 45 minutes of non stop seizing they called the Respiratory code over the PA and Incubated him. A ton of people rushed in and that was scary but I held it together. Kadyn's temp then was 105.8. They gave him Tylenol immediately and rushed him to a stat CT. Everything looks ok CT wise, but they are worried about infection, so they took CSF cultures and blood then started him on two strong antibiotics. One of his vitamins that is in the blood stream was extremely low. So that is why he was so puffy, which I didn't even notice. They are now waiting for Kadyn to wake up more to get him off the breathing tube. He hasn't woken up all day and has just fussed a little. So it's a watch and wait game now. I got a room at the Ronald Mcdonald house for tonight and possibly tomorrow if he isn't on a reg floor. I hope he is so I can sleep in his room.

I'll update more as I get more information.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I will pray for Kadyn and you! Kadyn is such a little trooper I am sure he will bounce back quickly!**hugs**

Kristen said...

Oh Sara, how scary! I'm so sorry! We'll be praying. Give Kadyn a hug from us!

Tara said...

Im so very sorry! I hope and pray that Kadyn feels better very soon!

1god said...

I'll be praying for you.

Josephine said...

We'll be praying for him for sure. Poor boy :(

Gretchen said...

We are praying for Kadyn and so thankful to God that you are by his side.

sew4my3 said...

I will be thinking of you and your family and saying prayers. I know you are scared at the moment and nothing I can say will make it go away. Just know that there are lots of people praying and thinking of you. God Bless.