Kadyn is currently in the ICU at Childrens Hospital. This morning at around 3am, he woke up struggling to breath and had really bad shakes that where like chills. So I got him ready to head to the Hospital to make sure he didn't have anything bad going on. Well on the way there he fell asleep, and I slowed down because I figure if he was sleeping he is ok. Well he woke up as soon as we hit Detroit and started Seizing so I sped up fast! We got to the hospital and I ran with him in my arms and they immediately took him to trauma. After 45 minutes of non stop seizing they called the Respiratory code over the PA and Incubated him. A ton of people rushed in and that was scary but I held it together. Kadyn's temp then was 105.8. They gave him Tylenol immediately and rushed him to a stat CT. Everything looks ok CT wise, but they are worried about infection, so they took CSF cultures and blood then started him on two strong antibiotics. One of his vitamins that is in the blood stream was extremely low. So that is why he was so puffy, which I didn't even notice. They are now waiting for Kadyn to wake up more to get him off the breathing tube. He hasn't woken up all day and has just fussed a little. So it's a watch and wait game now. I got a room at the Ronald Mcdonald house for tonight and possibly tomorrow if he isn't on a reg floor. I hope he is so I can sleep in his room.
I'll update more as I get more information.
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Posted by Sara at 2/07/2010 04:40:00 PM