Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Water fun

d



s
Does anyone else enjoy a bath as much as Kadyn does? It's like I turn the water one and in instant smile comes across his face! He gets all excited and starts taking his socks off, then his pants. He hasn't mastered the shirt yet but he will tug and pull on it! It's soo cute!




Today Kadyn got his Ketone testing strips. Basically I have to put cotton balls in his diaper and take them out and drip his urine on the strip. GROSS! Thankfully plastic gloves were invented. There are 4 different colors meaning low, medium, Mod, and High. Today I was able to test twice. Which is how many times I am suppose to be testing. The first one at 4pm was Mod, which is good, and then the second at 9pm was High which is even better. If there are ketones in his urine that means he is in ketosis, which is the point of the diet. So maybe when we see the
dietition this week she will let us slowly take him off a medication. That would be wonderful!


Here is the aftermath of the bath


Sleepy kadyn :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been following your blog for awhile now, and Kadyn is just the sweetest little boy, and you are the most wonderful mom. I am so proud of you! I love the final photo in this Water fun group where he's sleeping under the blue blankie. What a little doll he is!

EmmaMarie said...

I've read your blog for quite some time now and have fallen in love with your handsome little boy! I was wondering, is that bump under his nipple part of his shunt?

SabrinaBlandeau@live.fr said...

Dear Sara, Harvey and sweetheart Kadyn,
I saw the youtube video. The one with the whole story. I'm so touched, god blesses you every day with a little angel, he's so beautiful, so smiling, so happy, and i'm happy to see healthy. Which the most important in life, being healthy !
Thank you for giving hope to people who live the same thing, you little man is so strong, he's an example, and you're so loving and cherishing him, it's beautiful to read your blog...
You're an awesome family, do you know that ?

A lot of love from Paris, I'm near the Eiffel Tower right now, i feel nothing is impossible :)

Sabrina

Anonymous said...

I have been reading for a while now too. He really is the cutest. The bath pictures were awesome. And you're an awesome mother!!!