Saturday, April 10, 2010

The eye can tell a dozen stories without saying a word

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.

~ Romans 5:3



I have always heard that through someone's eyes is the gateway to their soul and their life. That you can just look into someone's eyes and just know they are happy, sad, hurting, without then telling you. Why is it so different for children who go through a lot in life. For example Kadyn, he just went through 3 brain surgeries in 2 weeks, yet the day after each surgery you couldn't tell her was in any sort of pain at all. His eyes just showed happiness and wonder for this earth. His smiles lit the hospital room like nothing ever happened. I give praise to my son for being so strong, because I know if it was me in his shoes (God knows I'd rather be in his shoes) everyone would be able to see the pain and unhappiness I would be feeling just by looking into my eyes. All my son knows is how to smile and laugh, he doesn't know sadness or even anger, frustration yes he knows it all to well but very rarely shows it.

"As much as he stumbles he still running"

As much as Kadyn goes through bad spurts with his condition he is still running towards that finish line, he is still striving to make progress toward leading a better life. Nothing gets him down at all and no matter what life throws at him he just smiles. I really think the earth would be a better place if everyone took after Kadyn. If everyone who gets wronged or even goes through a tough time would just smile and say it happens I think life would be easier. Kadyn has inspired me to not dwell on what happens to him anymore, because in the end HE IS HAPPY and that is all I have ever wanted. He is just happy to be alive and there isn't anything more he can ask or want. I'm truly blessed by God, for he has given me a gived that I feel I don't deserve. He gave me a miracle and changed my life. I think Kadyn's purpose in life is to touch others just like he touched me. Everyone who meets him are just so amazing at how happy he is and how he rarely cries.

Everyday I pray for him and the others affected by this condition. When I thought God was throwing me a curve ball he truly was throwing me a home run pitch, and when I stepped up I took it on full swing. I wouldn't of had it any other way. I am so happy that I made the decisions that I have made and I have truly grown from this.

All's I know is Kadyn has some more tricks up his sleeves, he has a plan, and I am excited to see it in full force!



Thank you God for the gift of being able to raise a child who has some special needs. It truly is a blessing that I was chosen for this.




The best thing is to look at everything positive just like Kadyn does. <3

MOmmy loves you!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

GREAT post. We can certainly learn a lot from our special children.

Kristen said...

There is so many blessings to be found and what a gift it is when we do!!

Lots of love to you and Kadyn!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Eyes are windows to the soul but with Kadyn I'm not so sure. Every time I look into those eyes.. we know it's not much but i love to. I just see happiness..Maybe he's not telling us something. That he knows it will be ok and work out and nothing to worry about. He knows God is looking out for him and they're buddies. Maybe that's why he doesn't show the dispear and the sadness?

The Wongs said...

I came across your blog and I wanted to say that your blog is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing openly about your journey with Kadyn, he truly is a miracle and blessing :) I'll be reading your blog and praying for you and Kadyn! Our God is mighty, our lives are in His hands.

Unknown said...

Awesome Post!!!

Mary

Lisa said...

What an inspiration you are! I found your site through Jennifer Bechard and yes, your Kadyn is a miracle! I have a daughter with special needs as well and she has been the light of my life! Many prayers for Kadyn and your family!

Gretchen said...

I loved this post and you are a true role model for young people and young mothers. You and Kadyn ROCK!