Follow by Email

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Las Vegas, NV

A ball of fun. A lot of things happened and I am proud to say that Harvey and I are going to tough it through this whole deployment thing, AS A FAMILY. Yup. :) No we didn't get married. Our reasons for not getting married are based on our son, and that is all I am going to say about that. We decided that after 7 years it was just crazy that we have to do this alone. We made our mistakes apologized and moved on. It's like we were never apart.

The first day the boys (Harvey and his army buddies) were already there. They arrived at like 3 am, I flew in at 2pm. Needless to say they had started drinking so I had to take the shuttle bus to the hotel room. Which was nice I got to see a little bit of the city. So when I got there the room was beautiful. (besides it being a mess from their stuff and drink cups) So we decided that we were going to dress nice for a show we were going to see. Tournament of Kings is what we saw. I had a few drinks and I was routing for Ireland, yet they lost. So after I played Skidoo and won tickets for a prize but I left them there for another player to take them as I wouldn't need them. We then went into a few casinos and walked around until we needed a nap.

The second day we woke up and went to eat at the Harley Davidson Cafe. It was nice, the prices were not that bad either. It was kinda like eating at Big Boys here but the food was amazing. He also got a few drink cups as souvenirs and went on our way. We stopped in at a few casinos and then headed back to the room. We got dressed up since we were going to see Andrew Dice Clay at the Hilton.
The little doggy here was so cute! He was outside the show and we got out picture taken with him, the guy just worked for tips but either way the pictures were taken on our own cameras so we wouldn't have to wait to get a picture. I thought it was amazing! We got one of Harvey and I but it turned out a little blurry but that is okay! The show was hilarious and I think I left my lungs in there because I laughed sooo hard!

The third day we needed to relax, so we stopped off at the Oxygen bar and got us some Oxygen and massages. It was wonderful. My headache went away and I got an energy burst. In the picture is a great friend of Harvey's and now mine Darryl. Although in the army they use last names, I don't :). We got to keep are Nasal cannula for souvenirs. We wore them around our necks the whole time. We also went to the bodies museum. I wasn't able to take pictures, I don't think I would want to. This museum is a place where REAL people donated their bodies when they died. They have a card you can fill out to donate your body. I declined and got goose bumps just thinking about it! They did have a section of Hydrocephalus, and I thanked the creator of it for that too. After that we went on a rollar coaster, and to a few more museums. We ended up parting ways with our group for awhile because they were going to a beatles show that Harvey didn't want to go to. This day I ended up just staying up until I had to be at the airport at 6am. It was sad to say our byes, but knowing that it is one day closer to him being home again made me feel a little better. Also I was able to sleep on the flight home and not stay awake and be bored. 4 hours is along time! There is so much we did in Vegas that it's so hard to just tell it all. We went dancing and had our drinks and just a good time. I missed Kadyn soo much. This was the longest I ever been away from him. Idk if I could do that again. It was very very hard.


Kristen said...

I remember the oxygen bars. We didn't do it but we watched the people. It was hilarious and very interesting to us.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Glad you did though you needed it that's for sure.