Sunday, May 9, 2010

A prayer for Harvey and myself

This prayer I say every night.


Give me the greatness of heart to see,
The difference between duty and his love for me.
Give me the understanding so that I may know,
When duty calls he must go.
Give me a task to do each day,
to fill the time when he is away.
When he is in a foreign land,
Keep him safe in your loving hand.
And Lord when duty is in the field,
Please protect him and be his shield.
And Lord, When deployment is so long,
Please stay with me and keep my strong.


(It's a poem too)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara! I am a Sara, too...
I cannot even remember how I originally started reading your blog, but it has been months now, and you are all always in my prayers. This prayer/poem is SO beautiful, it just made me all the more aware of how brave you must be every day. You know, you may never know the exact purpose for you, for Kadyn, for your challenges - but you know there is one, and you know God has it all worked out, and you are right where He wants you for whatever purpose that is. At least, my humble opinion...
All good things,
Sara