Wednesday, December 8, 2010

We are admitted

Kadyn started throwing up and getting really aggitated around midnight, so I put him in the car and drove the Childrens. Here is calculations of yesterdays events.

Kadyn didn't go to sleep until around 4am, which is when Alexa comes over. Kadyn slept until around 10am. Woke up and he was very whiney and his whines were more like shreeks at times also. He cried a lot. Then he settled down for a little bit. He then started thrashing throughout his bed, cring and just not happy. So I brought him out and put him on the living room floor and I tried laying down with him. He cried some more. So I busted out the tylenol and I gave that to him. He was fine for maybe a 1/2 hour. At one point both him and Alexa were crying at the same time. Kadyn finally stopped and Alexa did too. Kadyn then took a nap. He was sleeping on the living room floor. I let him sleep even though it was a late nap. After a short while Kadyn woke up and just started thrashing all around the floor, hitting himself in the head and crying. Alarms sounded in my head but I tried to play it off as "Maybe it's just the weather" Kadyn then threw up 2 times and started crying harder and pounding his head. So I threw in the towel and headed off to the hospital. When we arrived Kadyn was screaming, in a screech like. He was hitting himself in the head and thrashing around his stroller. They got us back in ER Room and he was back to being ok. Not his normal, but he wasn't screaming. SO I explain everything and they did a shunt series. Of course there wasn't any change or anything, there never is. Kadyn eventually fell asleep again around 3am. The Neurosurgary Resident came in and examined him, even opened his eyes to check them and Kadyn didn't bug. He then tried waking Kadyn, and Kadyn was not waking up. He tried picking him up, and moving him, rubbing him, shaking him a little, and even painful stinmuli. Nothing worked and Ilooked at him and I said, I hope you know that I am not taking him home like that. So he decided a shunt injection would be best to do to figure out this mystery. I agreed. After we were admitted I had to run home to let my dogs out and grab a few things I forgot. Kadyn was asleep so I was comfortable with going home. I am not back in Kadyn's room debating if sleep would even be worth it. He is NPO and I am wondering how long it's going to take to do his shunt injection. I guess I will curl up with my Christmas Blanket and try adn get some sleep.I Wish someone would bring me a couple pillows. There isn't any in this room. :(

5 comments:

Historical sites with charmine said...

Just going to pray for Kadyn.Be strong.

Michelle said...

Just doesn't seem fair that you guys can't catch a break!

Kristen said...

Oh hun, I am so sorry. thinking of you and Kadyn.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby, i hope he gets better.

Unknown said...

I will be praying that God sends someone into your life to help out more. You are very strong and Kadyn is very blessed to have you as a mom. I am very touched by your story and will pray for Kadyn daily. God bless.