Friday, May 27, 2011

What A differenece

Since baby sitting Alexa I have noticed a difference between her and Kadyn. She is not as independent as he is. You merely get up from the floor and she begins to cry. Walking out of the room will result in her crying so hard she throws up. This is nothing like I have ever experienced. With my nieces and nephews, I could at least go to the bathroom and be out of the room for 5 to 10 minutes without them starting to cry. Alexa is constantly checking to make sure I am still there. I believe someone is a little bit too spoiled. I believe I should be able to leave the room to go to the bathroom, but in her eyes it's the end of the world. I really don't like that. It's becoming rather annoying because not only does she cry but she works herself up so much within the matter of seconds and starts throwing up all over the living room. It's rather gross and I am tired of cleaning it up really. I have thought of putting plastic down and sitting her on it before I walk out of the room.

She does climb and crawl, but she crawls like she is crawling on glass. She can climb to stand but has a hard time still getting down. She usually falls on her butt and ends up crying. Trying to teach her not to touch things is another hard thing. Although I know most kids will keep trying to touch it, but I have to constantly say No and move her away from it. It's a lot of work. Kadyn is just so easy. He doesn't care if I walk out of the room, he may even like it better. With him I can go downstairs and do laundry and not have to worry about him getting into the fireplace or anything else. He doesn't get upset if I stand up from playing with him. He doesn't even cry actually.


It's amazing how much different they are, then again I have a feeling that Alexa is way too spoiled for her own good, but maybe most babies are like this, I have no idea, but if they are, it sure makes me not want to have another one. I don't have the patience to deal with that 24/7. (hehe)

5 comments:

LCarvalho said...

u know, im readin ur old posts meanwhile rading the new ones n watchin youtube's videos(old n new ones), so im kinda lost, could u Sara tell me how old is Kadyn??
thanku!!
PS: laviniaqcarvalho@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Yep,the vomiting is a little unusual but the rest sounds like a typical 8 mth old. And she will only get busier :)

Sue Z said...

She's acting like a normal little girl. Children around the age of 9 months usually experience strong separation anxiety when their parent or caregiver is out of their site. Give her a little bit of time and she'll be following you wherever you go!! :)

Shawna said...

As a mom of 4, I have to say, she sounds completely normal. Getting into everything and not wanting to be left alone are what they do. haha Just wait until she is actually mobile, then it will be hard! Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it is time for her mother to find a new caregiver before you are too stressed out to properly care for her. You seem to hold quite a bit of animosity towards such a small child :( Also, have you ever thought of taking her with you when you go to the restroom or the laundry room? That is what most Moms/caregivers of toddlers do.