Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Seizures Seizure Seizures

We do not really know why Kadyn's seizures have come back with full force. It seems like there is nothing we can do to prevent them anymore. Just treat them as they come. Neurology is basically begging me to try medication again, but I am afraid to. When Kadyn was on medication he did not do anything. He became for lack of better words a "vegetable". Apparently the medication they want to put him on is a bit newer, but if he had tried dozens of other medications before this and they never worked. I agreed to try medication if his EEG showed constant seizure activity. If it doesn't then I want to continue the diet and seek something else. I want the best for Kadyn and I do not think medication is the best route. Call me crazy.

Kadyn had a seizure at school today. I got the call to come get him. They gave me the choice to call and ambulance or come get him. I decided since his Diastat worked that I would come and get him. According to his school, he has had days of just not wanting to participate, staring spells, not eating and not acting like himself at all. I'm not really sure what is going on, but I do know when he goes to school tomorrow I am going to call and see if I can silently watch how he acts during class. Maybe see if I can show up around lunch time and see how he acts, eats, ect. I'm sure his teacher won't mind, she is always open to things I want.

I'm hoping to get some good information/video/pictures to show to his Neurologist. I am also hoping they call me tomorrow, If not I will be calling them. I am also going to bring a note book and pen to write everything down. I'm on a mission. A mission to make my sons life seizure free, or close to it. I am hoping maybe this is just a growth spurt or something.


I won't let epilepsy take him down again! I WON'T DO IT!!!

0 comments: