Sunday, April 28, 2013

24 Weeks down 16 more weeks to go!

Can not believe I am 24 weeks already. It seems like it's starting to fly by. Now that I am totally feeling better and can pretty much eat anything, except spaghetti. Baby didn't like spaghetti last time I ate it the days seem shorter now that I'm not laying around and feeling icky. Kadyn is enjoying all the extra attention I can now give him. Such a sweet boy.

Kyle should of gained about 4 ounces last week, putting him at 1lb 4oz. He is about over a foot long, the size of an ear of corn (almost as tall as me haha!)

This is what Babycenter.com says about my 24 weeker!


Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.



I can not wait to meet this little bundle of joy either!! Since being pregnant with him It's been a rough go. The terrible nausea that put me on bed rest for a bit. I lost 15lbs in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Then came the fast heart beat that I kept getting and the shortness a breath. Come to find out it's just the baby causing this due to me being short. Since the baby is moving up right now my heart is reacting to the extra weight/pressure by pumping faster. This should subside once baby either drops down or is born. I will follow up with Cardiology after Kyle is born to be sure everything is better. I did have an EKG, Echo Cardiogram and blood work done to do the whole work up, but my cardiologist does not seem concerned at all. My heart beat is normal, it's just fast.




Kadyn is growing and learning so much. He is eating for me so much better now and loves his yogurts. I try and get different flavors and brands for him so he gets all sorts of different tastes and textures. He really seems to enjoy them a lot. He eats 2 yogurts a day on top of his bottles of formula he gets. I believe he prefers to just have his yogurt though! He still drinks his bottles. He does not mind sitting up for long periods of time just play in his chair. He is so much easier to please now than before, even though he has always been easy to please. I notice he fusses less and he is awake more so during the day and sleeps more at night. Things are getting easier with him and it's awesome!!



Kadyn and his daddy napping. He truly is a daddy's boy!




0 comments: