Thursday, December 5, 2013

Everything is good.

It's been a little bit. Kyle is now 4 months old and Kadyn is still growing as well. Life is good. Really no complaints.

With Kadyn, medically everything is unknown and unanswered. Other than his Neurosurgeon seems to think that his shunt is working perfectly and many of his issues is still healing from the surgery back in June. Although in my opinion Kadyn's behaviors are worse than before his Chiari Decompression surgery. He is more angry, self abusive and in more pain. He seems to have many more bad days than good. It's quite sad and frustrating. I will keep fighting for him though. I want answers and I want him to be better. He seems to have happier day when he is not sitting in his chair and he is not going to school. School doesn't seem to be a favorite of his anymore. I am unsure if it is because they make him "work" or when he is working it hurts. He hits his nose, ears and face during this time. He could not even enjoy his time at the Henry Ford Museum. It makes me sad that he can't be happy sitting up. I am pretty sure his shunt is over draining when he is sitting up.

Kyle is growing so quickly. He no longer takes a paci. He self weened a month ago and uses his thumb for comfort. He is such a sweet little guy. He sleeps through the night, 10-14 hours a night. He started eating cereal at night only. He started sleeping through the night before cereal but I decided to give him some as he lost a little bit of weight. He has since gained that back :). He is soo happy, and he coo's, laughs, giggles and shrieks of excitement and happiness. He loves looking at himself in the mirror and loves looking at the lights on the Christmas Tree. He has his four month check up at the end of the month. I have to discuss the fact that he has a bit of a lazy eye. I am sure she will want him to see the Ophthalmologist, but that is no big deal. I am not worried about that at all! His acid reflux seems to be better now that he is on medication. He still spits everything he eats up pretty much, but he is not screaming in pain while eating or while spitting up.








1 comments:

Sue Z said...

So good to hear from you again! I was beginning to get worried. Both boys look great ... What wonderful blessings you have!