Thursday, December 26, 2013

Growing up

At the age of 19 I learned of my pregnancy a few months later I learned of Kadyn's condition. I learned a new term Hydrocephalus. I walked through my pregnancy alone as well. I did not know of any support groups or anyone until after I had Kadyn. I felt so alone then. Even alone I made the best decisions I could as a mother. I believe I made the right decisions. Kadyn is 6 years old, that is 6 years that the doctors said he would never have. I was made to grow up when I had Kadyn. I had to in order to be a better mother for my sick child. I almost lost Kadyn many times. Every shunt malfunction, surgery, seizure, illness is almost losing a child so fragile and Kadyn has had over 30 surgeries, 100's of seizures, and many illnesses, and shunt malfunctions, he even survived Meningitis. Gram negative bacteria meningitis. An illness where only 30% of people survive, and illness that I know people have passed from, perfectly healthy young people that I went to school with have passed from this and my son survived it. Tell me that is no miracle? My world, my life, my reason for living has been to care and keep Kadyn has healthy as possible.I'll continue to do so to the best of my ability. Now I have Kyle, My little baby. Gosh, being a mother of two, I never thought I would be a mother of 1 and now 2. I am the luckiest woman in the world. I have an amazing 6 year old son, who defies what the doctors say. Kadyn is going to do what he wants and keep on doing what he does best...living. I also have an amazing smiley 4 month old. He is so sweet, and amazing. He brings me so much happiness and joy. Every time I think about who I am now I am thankful and I know I am the luckiest woman on this earth.

My kids are growing, and getting older and I plan on growing older and wise along side of them.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see your boys growing and thriving so well. I do hope little Kyle's tummy gets better! I have to agree with you, bacterial meningitis is a very serious illness in which most do not survive. I had bacterial meningitis when I was 18, and it was a fight, and a battle to live, a lengthy ICU stay, and rehab. I'm not sure if you are religious but God will keep you here, until He is ready for you up there, and there is where a miracle happens. God graciously gave you more time with your precious guy time, and time, and time again. Thank Him for that! Happy New Year!!